Pages


These scrolls are the result of my desire to create something yummy for my family. They are so delicious it really is hard to stop at just one. The filling is sweet and creamy, but not too sweet, and the texture is smooth and yummy and the whole thing is just so gosh darn scrummie (is that a word?) Okay at the risk of sounding like I've just escaped from a looney bin, let me stop gushing and start writing the recipe for you.


SCROLL DOUGH:

3 cups self-raising flour
50g butter, chilled, chopped
1 and 1/4 cups milk

FILLING:
 
250g tub cream cheese
1 large banana, chopped
2 tbsp sugar (approx)

METHOD:
 
Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced)
Line baking tray with baking paper.

To make dough - Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter. Using your fingertips, rub flour into butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

Make a well in the center and add milk. Using a knife, mix together to form a soft dough.

To make the filling - combine the cream cheese, sugar and banana until well blended. Make sure you've left the cream cheese out of the fridge for quite a while before hand so it's nice and soft. It's okay to still have banana chunks because that makes it yummier. I kept tasting it while I was adding the sugar and banana to make sure it didn't get too sweet.

Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead lightly until smooth. Roll out to a 30cm x 40cm rectangle with 1 short end closest to you.

Spread the banana cream cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 2cm border along the short edge furthest from you.

Starting from the short end closest to you, roll up the dough like a swiss roll. Using a sharp knife, trim the ends and then cut the roll into 9 even slices (mine weren't quite even, lol).

Use a light sawing motion so as to avoid squashing the roll. I wiped the knife between each cut because the filling just wanted to ooze everywhere as I cut it.

Lay the scrolls flat on the prepared tray allowing a 2cm space between each one. Bake for 25mins or until golden.

Stand for 5 mins on the tray before gently pulling apart. Serve while warm.

Enjoy ♥

4 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hey, Amanda! So nice to meet you and visit your lovey blog! Lots and Lots of delicious and scrummie recipes and great posts. I have enjoyed perusing several of them.

Kindly, ldh

mckinkle said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous recipe, so many thanks for sharing it with us! Im going to write it down and try it before I start my diet!! lol!
Keryn x

Amanda said...

@ldh - it's lovely to meet you too :) I have popped by your blog several times now - very refreshing and uplifting ♥

Amanda said...

@Keryn - I urge you to try these, they are so yummy! I'd love to hear your comments once you have tried them, so I hope you'll come back and let me know if you liked them as much as we did :) ♥

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...