Pages


Today I am bringing you a recipe that always stirs up fond memories of my childhood, specifically Christmas memories. Every Christmas my Mum would make up a huge bowl of Potato Salad and dress it liberally using this recipe, and not a single smidgen would be left in the bowl by the end of the day. Even now I can see her clearly, standing in the kitchen surrounded by pots and dishes, cutting boards and knives, and food was everywhere. I love Christmas, and I guess I have my Mum to thank for that, she always went all out to make the holiday so special and magical for us. It's funny but I don't really remember the gifts under the tree so clearly as I can recall the intoxicating aroma of Mum's cooking wafting through the house early Christmas morn - ahhh, what a way to wake up eh?

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3/4 tin condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/3 cup white vinegar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
METHOD:

In a medium sized bowl mix together the mustard and salt with the condensed milk, then add the vinegar.

Mix well.

Allow to stand until thick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...